Position Title: Python Test Development Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA - candidate must be available to go onsite right away - client i...
Position Title: Python Test Development Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA - candidate must be available to go onsite right away - client is still going into office so this is expected.
Process: Resume Submittal to first round screen, and then second round will involve 2 or 3 team members (will be done via Zoom or MSFT Teams) Client has given availability Wednesday 1/27 from 11:30-2PM and after 2:30PM for us to line up phone interviews.
Length of Contract: 6 months for now - will extend usually to a year or more, they often do. Possibility of conversion ALWAYS on the table with this client.
Background Check and Drug Screen Required
What's Driving the need/urgency? Ramping up in a big way in robotics Division. Many robotics projects are being worked in parallel for a new product line and they need strong python test team in house, and that's why this may eventually convert to perm.
Scope: There is a pre-existing internal test framework in place, but candidate must be able to develop Python test scripts from scratch and create the documentations for these test cases. It is an absolute MUST that candidate is strong in Python, as they will need to read and interpret existing code, and possibly write their own new code depending on the type of test. Client is performing various tests on their robotics system and this is why they need a strong Python person to come in and truly "own the subsystem" in the client's words - developing and documenting the test plans and being hands-on in performing and executing them. Candidate must also be familiar with or have prior experience in a lab setting - this would give them exposure to setting up lab equipment like o-scopes and analyzers, debugging, etc.
Ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in some sort of manufacturing environment and/or a lab setting and has worked on a test automation project within this environment. This would be center of the bullseye because the candidate will understand what client is trying to accomplish with these tests from an electro-mechanical standpoint and how to roll them out on a manufacturing line. The client was clear that this is NOT a Manufacturing Engineering role, but the candidate is not just developing Python tests in a vacuum. All of these tests will be implemented and executed on the manufacturing line and thus any background and knowledge of electrical and mechanical interfaces is going to come into play and be extremely helpful.
For example - client has built a joint on a robotic arm - our candidate will be developing tests to interface with the robotic arm, and this will involve: understanding what data they want, capturing the correct information, making sure the tests are automated and repeatable, defining the procedures and documentations that go along with that, etc. Again - any background in mfg. environment is a huge advantage, and even better if they've worked on robotics and/or med device in the past. And any background in a lab setting is also helpful, as it would give the candidate the necessary exposure to scopes and analyzers, multimeters, etc.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing and Design teams to design, develop, document, and qualify test processes used during the manufacturing of electro-mechanical components and subassemblies of a medical robotics system.
- Design, develop, document, and qualify electro-mechanical manufacturing test fixtures utilizing both custom and off-the shelf hardware and software.
- Assist in the development of test algorithms, test scripts, data acquisition and measurement systems with focus on repeatability and reproducibility.
- Automate test processes utilizing in-house developed test software and scripts
- Release engineering documentation and bill of materials
- Work under general guidance to contribute to all aspects of test development, coverage, drive execution and test results documentation.
- 3-5+ years of work experience in developing Python Test Script from Scratch Experience
- Experience Modifying or Developing new features and updates on preexisting automation framework that's in place
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related engineering field is sufficient
- Produce high quality documentation that is clearly understandable by internal and external personnel is required
- Ability to read schematics and perform electrical debug using oscilloscopes, DMMs, multi-meters is required (Basically, Experience in debugging with lab tools in a lab setting).
- Ability to travel up to 10% to contract manufacturers is required
- Prior experience with test equipment and test fixture design is preferred
- Prior experience in Manufacturing or NPI a huge plus
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management systems such as Oracle Agile is highly preferred
- Experience in Medical Device industry is preferred.
- Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical concepts and systems highly preferred
- Experience working on instrumentation automation and using scripting languages like Python, Shell, Batch, Bash or Linux commands is highly preferred.
- provided by Dice