Free-Space Optical (FSO) Communication team is seeking a communication system test engineer to be part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team. The...
Free-Space Optical (FSO) Communication team is seeking a communication system test engineer to be part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team. The successful candidate will be responsible for development, maintenance, and execution of tests for a high speed networked communication terminal. They will focus on tests to validate the Layer 1, 2, and 3 link performance.
They will utilize common communication network test equipment, and support lab and field tests of the communication terminals in a network environment. They will collect and analyze test data, and write, maintain, modify, and execute test scripts.
The position seeks highly-motivated individuals that enjoy working in a small dynamic team environment, with a passion for solving challenging problems that can lead to high-impact advances in technology.
- Develop and maintain Python software test scripts to evaluate Layer 1,2, and 3 communication link performance
- Generate test procedures and reports.
- Support hardware and software debugging.
- Utilize common network test equipment and build network systems, e.g., routers, switches, Bit Error Rate Testers
- Support lab and field tests.
- BS Computer Engineering, CS or related field
- Experience with scripting automated tests in Python
- Experience with network test equipment, e.g., routers, switches, traffic generators
- Experience interfacing to test equipment, e.g., BERT (bit error rate tester), network test equipment
- Familiarity with common traffic analysis tools, e.g., iPerf, Wireshark
- Knowledge and experience with L2 and L3 principles and protocols, e.g., switching, routing, ARQ, Ethernet, VLAN, TCP/IP
- 3 + years relevant industry experience of hardware and software integration and test.