Dogwood Management Partners, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business with 20 years of IT consulting experience in the federal and co...
Dogwood Management Partners, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business with 20 years of IT consulting experience in the federal and commercial space, is seeking a well-qualified Full-Stack / Python Software Developer for a Remote opening we have. The selected individual, will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the engineering team and steering key decisions. This is a full-time opening offering a competitive rate / salary, plus excellent benefits.
No third party or Visa candidates can be considered
No Visa sponsorship available
Full Time Salaried role. No contract or C2C applications will be considered
The selected candidate will build end-to-end features as well as modernize applications written in Python and ReactJS into a more forward thinking approach by using technologies such as Django, React Native, Serverless, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). This individual will also engage in system design, technology evaluation, and prototyping, implementation of key components, DevOps, and training of team members as the team moves to a more modular, microservices-based architecture. One should be self-directed, a critical thinker and an excellent communicator. While not necessarily a back-end or front-end specialist, one should be comfortable working across the entire stack and able to dive in to remove roadblocks wherever necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- 7 years of experience in a production environment
- Excellent server-side Python development experience
- Experience working at "web scale" providing and evolving always-available services to unbounded user communities including experience scaling software as part of a high-growth company
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Docker
- Excellent RDBMS and SQL experience
- Expertise to offer for complex challenges: system architecture, scaling tactics, tool choices, etc.
- Strong familiarity with at least one modern web application framework (e.g. Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails (RoR), or similar)
- Proven understanding of HTML5, CSS & SASS
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Understanding of common UI patterns, RESTful APIs, NoSQL, SCRUM/Agile Methodologies, and Git
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to develop new features in Python and React
- Working with, upgrading and maintaining frameworks, including Django, Angular, and Celery
- Design and implement interfaces and infrastructure for a large-volume services and APIs
- Design and build core parts of the platform to deliver robust back-end services
- Write well defined, tested, and readable code
- Lead and assist efforts to migrate to a modular, microservices-based future
- Conduct code reviews and audits
- Help establish our technical philosophy and engineering culture
Dogwood has been providing Cyber Security and related IT services to Commercial clients and federal agencies since 2001 and we owe our success to the quality of individuals we have been fortunate enough to hire and retain to perform to the standards set forth by leadership within our commercial clients and the federal government. Those who are not of the highest moral and ethical standards need not apply.
All responses will be held in confidence. Dogwood Management Partners, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, Veterans, Service Disabled Veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.