Were a subscription payments platform. Profitable and cash flow positive since launch with 5 yrs of 100% YOY ARR growth as a bootstrapped co...
Were a subscription payments platform. Profitable and cash flow positive since launch with 5 yrs of 100% YOY ARR growth as a bootstrapped company before raising a 50M series A and 227M series B over the last 18 months to accelerate growth and place bets on product. With the rise of DTC commerce, were well positioned to take advantage of an industry thats expected to grow 70-75% a year for the next 5 yrs. A recent study from McKinsey has this segment growing from $40B to around $500B by 2025!
Our core product is enabling subscription commerce, so primarily 3 buckets: replenishment (think amazon subscribe and save), curation (monthly boxes), and access subscriptions. Our competitive advantage is our API driven platform. In 2018 we launched our 'API first strategy' so that merchants on any ecommerce platform could use us to offer subscriptions to their customers. Were the defacto leader on Shopify and recently launched in a big way on BigCommerce. Magento and WooCommerce are next on the product roadmap as well as expanding headless (or modular) builds. Our product helps online merchants build relationships with customers and we even offer a sophisticated analytics product so LTV and other metrics are measurable.
Were 100% remote-first, forever. Weve been intentional from the start and can and do hire anywhere in the US were currently around 400 employees. Its a friendly, high trust culture where our leadership focus on keeping employees engaged, visible and recognized. We use tools like slack and zoom and whether its pub trivia, slack communities, hub meet-ups, team retreats, or peer to peer recognition using a tool called Bonusly. Leadership has always put both our customer and employees first and doing the right thing for customers and employees is role modeled from the top down.
Engineering is about 150 ppl in 5 groups. Features, Platform, Data, Security, Infrastructure and support billons annually in payments. Engineering with us is customer focused, moves fast and deploys daily. We emphasize the importance of customer focus when developing products. Our code base is primarily built in Python3/Flask/GCP and from a technical perspective, our interviews focus on coding (the ability to write production-level code in a large and growing code base), debugging (the ability to look at a code base then identify and fix a bug), and documentation (this is particularly important here given our remote-first environment). We are hiring at all levels!
Are you open to a conversation?
What You Will Be Doing
- Genuinely enjoy writing high quality code
- 5+ yrs of professional software engineering experience
- Strong problem solving and coding skills
- Proficiency with Python in a production environment.
- Managing small teams experience
- Understanding what it means to craft software that is a part of a larger microservice architecture.
- Expertise in developing and working with thoughtfully designed REST APIs and SDKs.
- Familiarity with major cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud
- Strong understanding of data modeling and storage with NoSQL and RDBMS.
- Comfortable with tuning application performance and engineering for scalability.
- BSCS or related degree
What You Need for this Position
- REST APIs
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud
What's In It for You
- Work from home
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 10 paid holidays; competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- 401(k) with company match to all employees
So, if you are a 5-year, Senior/Lead Python Engineer, please apply today.Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : DR5- -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Dylan Rogelstad - Lead Recruiter - Optello
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.