* Location: St. Louis, MO
* Remote: Remote
* Type: Contract
* Job #7022
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Research Softw...
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Remote: Remote
- Type: Contract
- Job #7022
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Research Software Engineer, Python, Spark (144806). Do you have experience with Python and Spark? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for a data engineer to work with the Quality Upstream Algorithms (QUAL) team within our Science organization. The QUAL team works to increase the value of our data by improving data quality and deriving novel insights from these data. Responsibilities of this data engineering role will include the creation and maintenance of data pipelines, contributing to data architecture and organization decisions, as well as some more data-analysis oriented work such as exploratory data analysis, data cleaning, and visualization.
Our team works closely with other teams both inside and outside of the science organization, and the successful individual in this role will be expected to interact with various functions within the company, including data analytics, engineering, and product.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS in Applied Math, Statistics/Data Science, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Physics, Agronomy, Engineering or a related quantitative discipline with at least two years of data analytics or data science experience.
- Strong Python coding skills, including competency/experience with core data wrangling and visualization libraries (pandas, geopandas, matplotlib, seaborn) and a willingness to learn new code bases
- Experience with developing and running pipelines at scale (Spark/hadoop/SQL)
- Experience and proficiency with version control systems (git)
- Basic-to-intermediate statistics knowledge with the ability to run exploratory data analysis, root cause analysis, and data summarization
- Critical thinker, detail-oriented, and an analytical mindset
- Self starter as well as able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills to solicit information from domain experts and present results back to different audiences.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Masters degree in a quantitative analytics field
- Experience with complex data formats, including geospatial data and data of varying quality, as well as physical measurements and sources of error
- Knowledge of agricultural technology especially with regard to row crops
- Curiosity and an open-mind towards unfamiliar data sources and unfamiliar quantitative domains
- Background with building dashboards (Dash, Looker) or other reporting tools for metrics and data quality analysis
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Keywords: Python, Spark
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs !
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
The post Research Software Engineer, Python, Spark appeared first on Technology Partners .