SECRET CLEARED Python Developer

Company: Insight Global
Location: Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi, United States
Type: Full-time
Posted: 11.JUN.2021
< >

Summary

Insight Global is seeking a Secret-Cleared Python Developer to support the Naval Oceanographic Office at Stennis Space Center, MS. This pers...

Description

Insight Global is seeking a Secret-Cleared Python Developer to support the Naval Oceanographic Office at Stennis Space Center, MS. This person needs to be local or willing to relocate to Mississippi. The job requires one day per week onsite. We are looking for a skilled Python Developer who holds a secret clearance. 90% of this position will be developing in Python. The other 10% will be scripting in Bash or Shell. The ideal candidate will come from a Linux background. Any experience using super computers would be extremely beneficial to have. The team member will formulate and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Prepares detailed specifications for programs and is responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. This position: Participates in the design; development; analysis; and implementation of software operating systems and software application programs Works under general supervision; performs software operating systems and application engineering; including full life cycle design and development Works from specifications to develop and modify operating systems and software applications; participates in the design; coding; testing; debugging; and documentation of programs; participates in the definition of limited design specifications and parameters; assists engineers or analysts with the hardware/software integration of the application or utility into software operating systems Analyzes system architecture requirements; performs requirements acquisition and definition and data analysis; may customize purchased applications; performs technical and subject matter research on emerging technologies to determine impacts on application execution; analyzes and documents client needs and requirements Participates in the writing; modifying; and maintaining technical documentation and specifications such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials; performs integration testing and support of various computer operating and/or network systems Troubleshoots and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues; maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned; participates in special projects as required.Day to Day Responsibilities: Generates new code and corrects; converts; and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures; identify problems; and document specific requirements. Writes and updates technical documentation such as users' manuals; product specifications; and training materials. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products; analyzes test results; and corrects problems. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. Reviews and evaluates software products; systems; and documentation to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards as a member of an Agile Scrum Team. Plans; develops; tests; and documents client/server applications programs. Minimum Requirements5-7 years of software development experience Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. 5-7 years of related software development experience. Knowledge of the fundamental concepts; practices; and procedures used in computer programming.New Development experience with Python.Experience with Linux operating systems.Familiarity with bash Unix shell and command language. Proficiency with Perl programming language. Desired SkillsExperience in the development of Java and Java Script. Database Application development experienceExperience with ESRI geospatial software.Experience working in an Agile Software Development Environment.Knowledge using automated test tools.Strong interpersonal presentation and communication skills.

 
Apply Now

Share

Flash-bkgn
Loader2 Processing ...