* Location: St. Louis, MO
* Remote: Remote
* Type: Contract
* Job #7099
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Applica...
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Remote: Remote
- Type: Contract
- Job #7099
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Senior Application Developer, Python (144885). Do you have experience with Python? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will work with scientists, data engineers, and product managers to design and implement highly scalable, data-intensive systems, micro services, APIs, and SDKs. You will take data driven models developed by our Science team and prepare them to run on our Digital Farming Platform. You will interact with our Data Acquisition and Data Architecture teams to define the data schemas to support these models. You will design CICD pipelines to run and validate these models against large volumes of data. You will interact with our CloudEng team to deploy onto our AWS cloud platform. You will support and guide other teams (within external partners) that are consuming our APIs and services. You will design and implement tooling that allows the science team to efficiently develop and test new models on our platform.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in software related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Software engineering work experience using a functional or object oriented language.
- Solid foundational knowledge of CS fundamentals and best practices for code and architecture.
- Scala and/or Java, plus Python.
- Self driven. Take ownership. Problem solver. Team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, engineering diagrams, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Experience designing and implementing robust and scalable backend services, e.g., RESTful APIs, micro services, efficient data processing algorithms, messaging paradigms, middleware, and persistent stores (SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience working with AWS or other public Cloud platforms
- Experience with building real-life large-scale data science projects.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and persistence stores
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, etc.) (strong plus)
- Knowledge of functional programming (Clojure) (strong plus)
- Experience with compiled JVM language (Scala, Java) (strong plus)
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Keywords: Python, Scala, Java
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs !
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
The post Senior Application Developer, Python appeared first on Technology Partners .