Join a seed stage startup that is changing how people can utilize geospatial data. Organizations in the public and private ...
Join a seed stage startup that is changing how people can utilize geospatial data. Organizations in the public and private sector have increasing needs to optimize this operational data, but lack a central platform.
This role reports to the CTO, and will work with frontend and GIS scientists to build a PaaS used by energy companies as well as the U.S. government.
You'll join the team as the lead backend engineer, to help grow both the company's vision, and your team.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years using Python, Linux, Node.js
- Strong familiarity with GIS data files, and able to able to actually edit the files themselves
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences or related field
What You Will Be Doing
- 3+ with cloud native development, preferable GCP
- Experience with both python and ruby as development languages
- Experience with technical leadership on a team
- Experience working in a smaller startup
- Strong experience with databases; either SQL or NoSQL
- Experience building B2B web applications
- 70% Python
- 20% Linux
- 10% Other
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170,000/year, DOE
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Motion Recruitment provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today's highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients. - provided by Dice