WHAT WE WANT
FriendFinder Networks is looking for a Senior Consultant Python Developer (Machine Learning) who will work with cross function...
WHAT WE WANT
FriendFinder Networks is looking for a Senior Consultant Python Developer (Machine Learning) who will work with cross functional teams to design, build, develop, and test Python code for web applications that are highly scalable and reliable. If you are passionate about distributed computing, application performance, quality software, and fun working environments, join us to ensure we continue to provide new users and tens of millions of our existing customers the best possible user experience on our web sites 24 hours a day, every day of the year, all over the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Find a solution that fits our needs, understand technical docs and use them to build a prototype.
- Make sense of and present the data
- Experience building software that relies on data to make sense of the world (to detect anomalies, predict events/trends, model systems
- Design, implement, and build backend code for a highly concurrent web application using Python and other related technologies
- Become a fully integrated member of an agile cross-functional scrum team
- Configure, tune, and optimize Python applications using microservices architecture
- Work with QA Technicians to resolve issues before going live
- Document all your work and communicate issues when they arise
- Assist troubleshooting production issues
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' Python development and SQL experience
- Experience building applications that involve complex data pipelines (2+ years).
- Passionate about data and data analysis.
- Experience with Python libraries - pandas and jupyter notebook.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes etc)
- Experience with Redis, RabbitMQ (or similar caching/message bus technologies)
- Experience with Celery, Flask, Django, and other parts of Python ecosystem
- Familiarity with secure coding guidelines
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GitLab, etc
- You must be at least 21 years old or older
- You must be comfortable with adult content
WHAT IS PREFERABLE TO HAVE
- Experience with BERT Model
- PhD in Machine Learning
WHAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE
- Able to be methodical in documenting and testing your own code
- Comfortable working independently and as a member of a cross functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a high degree of honesty and integrity
- Deadline oriented and multi-tasking ability in a fast-paced environment
- Team-player, positive attitude and flexible
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: No direct reports
This is a 1099 contract with FriendFinder Networks. Would prefer someone who is in the San Francisco, Bay Area, but will hire someone who will work remotely, and adjust their work schedule to the Bay Area team on Pacific Standard Time.
- provided by Dice