FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operat...
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at
The FireEye Data Science team develops innovative, data-driven solutions. We work across the company, partnering with the best security experts in the industry, to understand hard problems and deliver impactful solutions. FireEye's comprehensive view of the advanced threat landscape provides a unique opportunity for the team to have major impact within our industry, company, and across our customer base.
We are looking for a highly motivated Data Scientist to solve challenging problems in cybersecurity through analysis and investigation. The ideal candidate will be an expert in machine learning and statistics, have working knowledge of problems in cybersecurity, and have first-hand experience building models that have been deployed to products.
You will partner with subject matter experts who are on the front lines defending against advanced threat actors. After iterating and developing a capability, you will work closely with our engineering team to deploy and maintain it. We encourage sharing the knowledge we gain through publications at academic conferences and talks at industry venues.
What You Will Do
- Work with product managers and technical leaders to collect requirements and understand business needs
- Create plans to meet project objectives and desired timeline
- Identify data sources; iterate and grow datasets over time
- Explore and analyze data; perform ad-hoc analyses to answer targeted questions
- Iteratively develop models and analytics; move from proof of concept to minimum viable product quickly and efficiently
- Partner with subject matter experts to inject their in-depth knowledge into the model creation process
- Document project goals, results, findings and key decisions to share with others at FireEye
- Work closely with the Data Science Engineering team to productionize data pipelines, deploy models/analytics and develop monitoring dashboards
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field (M.S. and Ph.D are preferred)
- Experience in applying a wide variety of unsupervised, semi-supervised, and supervised machine learning techniques, and the ability to turn big data into actionable intelligence
- Ability to analyze, retrain, and improve machine learning models
- Familiarity with network and endpoint security concepts and technologies
- Appreciation for the challenges in applying machine learning in a non-stationary and adversarial environment
- Significant development experience with Python, R, or Scala
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely (peer-reviewed publications preferred
- Ability to work as part of a remote team
- Ability to provide and receive scientific critiques and work towards data-driven solutions Additional Qualification
- Experience with sklearn, pandas, numpy or similar packages
- Familiarity with malware, host forensics, or network traffic analysis concepts
- Experience with Linux command line and bash scripting
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and resources
- Experience with a deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or MXNet
- Experience with GPU-accelerated computing and hardware (e.g., NVIDIA DGX-1)
- Experience using Hadoop and Spark
- Experience using relational and non-relational databases
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based remote role that must be located in Northeast/ Southeast/ Southwest/ Midwest Region in the US