The team is willing to entertain candidates that are working remotely east coast hours although the preference is to have them work onsite p...
The team is willing to entertain candidates that are working remotely east coast hours although the preference is to have them work onsite post COVID.
CORE OR SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (PYTHON/AWS ) - CORE TRANSACTIONAL TECHNOLOGY (IBOR)
KEYS TO THIS POSITION
- Technical: 2+ years of software engineering experience in Python
- Financial Services experience is a must.
- AWS experience is a must
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience developing with Python in an AWS environment while also providing analysis and support. 60% development and 40% analysis and support
The Core Transactional Technology team is looking to hire a Core/Senior Software Engineer to work on the Investment Book Of Record (IBOR) platform. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and supporting different components within the IBOR platform
At Wellington, our software engineers interact with business partners and analysts and are exposed to the latest industry tools and trends as well as innovative problem solving.
This position requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with our other technology partners across the department, and an ability to deliver in a fast-paced and evolving environment. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication and delivery skills are required.Responsibilities
- Develop and support of the IBOR platform working in Java/ Python/AWS environment
- Provide deployment support in AWS environment and analysis on the IBOR application
- Partner with Business Analysts to review and implement business requirements
- Stay current with evolving financial industry and technical trends to ensure systems and team are of highest caliber
- 2 plus years in systems development (hands-on) using Python
- Worked on a Python-centric development team of 3 or more people.
- Experience with managing multiple Python virtual environments (pip, conda)
- Experience with an automated CI/CD workflow and tools: Git, Jira, Jenkins, pip/conda repositories
- Familiar with Python design patterns: ABC, Async, Mixins, etc.
- Ability to trouble shoot / debug Applications written in Java / SQL Procedures.
- Ideally, experience with:
- Jupyter notebooks
- Distributed Python: multiprocessing, dask, ray, etc.
- Enterprise security patterns (Kerberos, SAML, OAUTH, JWT)