At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our custome...
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk is seeking a Senior Engineer, Software Developer to enhance the capability and overall reputation of the IS&T team, group, and division by offering exceptional customer service and technical ability to both internal and external customers. The successful candidate will promote a continuous improvement mindset within operations, engineering, and development groups, that results in measurable efficiency, cost, and process improvement.
Working as a Senior Engineer, Software Developer at Verisk means:
Purpose Of The Role
- Being part of and contributing to a large, dynamic and innovative community
- Working with cutting-edge technology, and continuously developing new skills and capabilities
- Focusing on our customers, their success, and the desire to serve them
- Being responsible and assuming accountability for everything you touch
- Designing, building, supporting, and promoting Automation and Analytics technologies that augment and advance the capabilities of IS&T within the enterprise and contribute to the success of our customers
- Building secure, scalable, and highly available Automation and Analytics solutions that adhere to enterprise policies, industry standards, and best practices
- Provide operational support for all environments within your technical group as well as escalation support for junior engineers
- Proactively measure all environments within your technical group for adherence to enterprise standards and best practices and assist with remediation & optimization
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for technical design, implementation and problem resolution
- Provide design guidance and support to business partners to enable optimal usage of selected technologies and solutions
- Take action to introduce new technologies through documentation, training, recommendations, or proof of concepts
- Develop and maintain scripts, automated processes and documentation for repeatable design patterns, to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time
- Participate and act as lead where required in the management of technical programs and projects through all phases of execution
- Minimum 5+ years of experience writing, deploying, and supporting applications written in Python, Go, or Lua (a plus)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- A tangible desire and curiosity to seek out and learn new and innovative ways to manage and solve complex challenges
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and a collaborative, team-oriented approach to work are a must, as is a comfort level working in a fast-paced, federated environment that embraces innovation and experimentation
- Dependable and flexible with work hours, including nights and weekends as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, managing, and documenting API's
- 5+ years of experience designing, managing, and/or supporting enterprise infrastructure systems in the context of infrastructure and API integration.
- 5+ years of experience with networking concepts (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- 2+ years of experience developing in public cloud products and services; AWS or Azure preferred
- Experience integrating with database platforms such as RDS, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, or SQLite
- 1+ year hands-on experience working with CI/CD tools and methodologies, system programming and scripting in Python and PowerShell preferred; a scripting/automation mindset is a must
- Experience integrating with and consuming enterprise operations and security tools via API. Tools include Okta, Splunk, SolarWinds, ServiceNow, Infoblox, Imperva
- Exceptional and proven customer service skills with experience interfacing with all levels of stakeholders
- Experience leading teams in creating technical documentation using tools including Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice