FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operat...
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you'll provide a platform from which we can fight the bad guys. You'll make sense of piles of data, turn it into information, and make it actionable. You'll develop rugged, high performance cloud-hosted applications that align with business objectives. You'll grow your skills, work with cutting edge technologies and introduce new tools and techniques to the team.
You'll work in an environment that encourages creative thinking and novel solutions to interesting problems. You'll collaborate with fellow engineers, product management and end users. You'll come up with ways to do things more quickly and more effectively while maintaining a laser focus on quality.
Bottom line: you'll create software that makes our team smarter, faster, and better at what we do - protecting the world from evil.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop dynamic cloud-hosted applications in an agile development environment
- Design and implement elegant and scalable application services and APIs
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Increase the efficiency, scalability and reliability of back-end systems
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge and improve the technology stack
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Ability to deliver fully-tested, production-ready, cloud-hosted applications in Python
- Familiarity with technologies offered by cloud service providers, especially AWS S3, Aurora, and Lambda
- Comfortable working with Linux command line tools and bash shell
- Working knowledge of calling and consuming RESTful web services
- Experience interacting with relational and NoSQL database systems
- Effectively communicate in person and over text
- Provide and integrate constructive feedback on design and implementation, improving the overall result
- A passion for fighting bad-guys and keeping our customers safe from evil
- Experience designing and implementing back-end and front-end applications using native technologies offered by cloud service providers, especially AWS S3, Aurora, and Lambda
- Experience using container and orchestration solutions, particularly Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of queuing and messaging platforms like Apache Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with secure coding guidelines and standards; familiarity with tools and processes that evaluate and improve software security
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in Northeast/ Southeast/ Southwest/ Midwest Region in the US.