Senior Full Stack Engineer
Location: 100% remote but you do need to be located in the bay area. Eventually we will want you to be able to b...
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Location: 100% remote but you do need to be located in the bay area. Eventually we will want you to be able to be onsite 2 times a week.
Everyone is a creator. The problem, however, is that today's tools get in the way of expressing our creativity fully. Especially when it comes to video, the gap between an idea and a video is wide enough that it's hard to even start.
Our mission is to make content creation easier and more accessible. Our main product, is an online video editor that is both powerful and easy to use. Millions of creators every month choose us to tell their story and bring their ideas to life.
What You Will Be Doing
- Define, build, and launch full-stack features (React, Node, Express, and Python) for one of the world's most popular cloud-based video editors.
- Implement new features and improvements to our core products
- Scale a website and backend for millions of videos every month
- Fix bugs and improve performance
- Test new features, monitor releases, and mitigate risk
- Investigate and prototype new technologies and build applications on top of ML-powered APIs
- Create a culture of engineering excellence by refining our processes, documentation, onboarding and interviewing practices, and other cross-functional systems.
- Collaborate with, mentor, and teach other engineers on your area of expertise.
What You Need for this Position
- 3-5+ years of production-level software engineering experience
- Experience prototyping and building new products from scratch
- Can evaluate, configure, and incorporate new web technology
- Can navigate errors and leverage monitoring systems like Sentry, Papertrail, Heroku, etc
- Scrappy: Define and quickly execute on MVPs to test out product hypotheses. Descopes problems to avoid getting lost in the weeds.
- Entrepreneurial: Excited about joining a small, high-growth team and contributing across all areas of the company
Pluses (Not Required)
- Interest in or experience with video engineering (FFMPEG, machine vision, video players, ImageMagik, etc)
Sound like you? Apply today or send your resume to: Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : LF2- -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Lauren Formby - Recruiting Manager - Optello
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.