Want to become part of something BIG? Join Andes STR's core team and become part of the next big thing. We're a funded PropTech startup who ...
Want to become part of something BIG? Join Andes STR's core team and become part of the next big thing. We're a funded PropTech startup who recently won 1st place in Ed Kaplan's 25th New Venture Challenge and is backed by the largest Midwest US VCs. We are revolutionizing how people invest in short-term rental property and growing exponentially. Our investors were early supporters of companies such as Airbnb, Tesla, SpaceX, Palantir, Grubhub, Slack, Uber, Lyft, among many others, and we're heading in that direction FAST.
** Flexible working arrangement (incl. remote) available **
We're looking for a Software Engineer to help us build our core technology platform using their technical knowledge, critical thinking, and passion for building great products. The perfect fit would be a highly skilled developer comfortable with both front-end and back-end engineering.
Location: Austin, TX; Remote
Good to have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Software Engineering, including Python and REST APIs
- Hands-on experience in AWS, including S3, SQS, Lambda, among others
- Hands-on experience with establishing ETL process and working with databases
- Proficient in at least 1 front-end web framework and experience in HTML, CSS, JS
- Strong desire to disrupt the real estate sector and to become a major player in the sharing economy (must)
- Scrappy, self-starter, and highly motivated individual with strong track record of showing ownership and delivering results (must)
- Experience working in a modern product-focused development environment including things like version control (Git), test driven development, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Very good understanding of Agile methodologies and process at every stage of the development cycle
- Excellent problem-solving skills and passion for what you do
- BSc or BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area
- Experience in a Big Tech company or high growth startup is a strong plus
- Experience working with real estate data feeds
- Experience implementing Machine Learning models
- Experience with mobile app development, or experience managing mobile app development
- Desire to have a defining role and get equity in an up-and-coming, funded startup
- Roll up your sleeves and build the first version / proof of concept of our technology, especially in the early days as the team is forming
- Own a big scope of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation, test and deployment
- Help lay out an ambitious vision for our tech platform - we want to build something AWESOME
- Help develop our back-end algorithms that power our core technology
- Develop front-end website architecture
- Discuss technology strategy with partners and investors
- Manage mobile app development (note: this is different than our core tech)
- Build automation tools for our operations
Perks and benefits:
- Python (required)
- At least 1 web framework
- Machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn (desirable but not strict)
About Andes STR
- People and mission - we're a group of great people on a BIG mission to disrupt real estate!
- Flexible schedules and WFH available
- 10 days PTO + up to 10 days company holidays + floating holidays after FT contract
- (local, optional) Weekly BBQ + drinks, game nights, team activities
- Robust healthcare plans
- Early exposure in a rapidly growing startup backed by every major Midwest US VCs
- High likelihood of being promoted early and managing your own team
- Stock options in our next funding round
Andes STR offers investors turnkey access to Short Term Rentals ("STRs") as an asset class by using our proprietary technology and extensive Real Estate partner network. We find the best deals, get them ready to be rented out, and manage the properties - all our customers have to do is tell us their budget, we take care of everything else.
We were founded in 2019 with the mission of transforming STRs into an asset class that's easy to invest in and widely available to anyone who's interested. Our vision is to accelerate the transition to a future where people live mostly in STRs, being free to choose location and duration of stay and not having to worry about paying a fixed rent when the place no longer suits their needs.
Andes STR is headquartered in Austin, TX, and has operations in the US, Canada, and Chile.Core Values
Integrity and Honesty
Doing the right thing is a must. This helps us earn trust from colleagues and customers, which leads to better results in the long run. Honesty is the foundation for great relationships and good investing decisions: we seek it in ourselves, in contractors, and in partners.Do Good for the Customer
Every decision we make is for the benefit of our customers - if it doesn't make sense for the customer, it doesn't make sense for us. We make our best effort to mitigate risks where we can and perform thorough due diligence before making any important decision, thus increasing the size of the pie.We Do the Homework
We are not afraid to get our hands dirty if it means we can learn something or improve the way we work. Hard work is necessary for great results, which we are committed to deliver.Ownership
We own the work we do, and there is no such thing as a good excuse. Everyone at Andes STR acts as an owner of the company and of the properties we buy and manage. At the end of the day, we all must deliver results.Focus on the Long Term
We aim to build long-term partnerships and grow together with our customers. We are agnostic of size - we look forward to working together whether you invest in 1 property or 10,000. We treat every customer's investment as if it was our own, and we treat every customer as an important investor.We Put Rigor and Discipline in Everything
We know that success comes from discipline and hard work. We like what we do - we put everything we have into our work so we can share in the success of our customers. There are no shortcuts to success, so we insist on the highest standards and never settle for "good enough".We Think and Aim Big
There is always a bigger picture, a better dream, and a bolder vision. We are not constrained by what's possible today. If it would make sense striving for something tomorrow, why not try doing it today? Thinking and aiming big is key to grow exponentially, create massive value, and be number 1.
Powered by JazzHR