As Principal Software Engineer, you will design, develop, and deploy code critical to maintaining our national security and protecting the c...
As Principal Software Engineer, you will design, develop, and deploy code critical to maintaining our national security and protecting the citizens and armed forces of the United States of America.
Every line of code you write will directly impact the performance, scalability, and optimization of one of the most mission-critical data analytics platforms ever to be built.
With precise focus and deep thought, you will build and optimize services capable of extracting large dynamic data sets. You will help supply your data science team with the bits and bytes necessary to model machine learning algorithms, capable of processing hundreds of gigabytes of data per second.
Are you ready for a highly collaborative and mission-critical environment?
***This position requires US Citizenship & DoD Top Secret Security clearance eligibility.***
Responsibilities you will take on:
- Building a High-Performance Data Analytics/Machine Learning platform (100Gbps feeds in real-time)- Dynamic Data****Computer Vision****
- Composing high-speed parsers for feature/data extraction
- Developing services and APIs to drive on-going development
- Further Engineering on a variety of form-factors including bare-metal, virtual machines (in public and private clouds), and containers
- Enhancing infrastructure for updates, monitoring, and telemetry
- You love to code and would be happy working on a day-to-day basis with Python, and sometimes C++ or Go-lang. You write clean code, practice DRY, KISS, etc., and work well in modern continuous integration development pipelines.
- College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience with at least one of the following: Python, Modern C++, Scala, Go-Lang, Rust, Java
- Firm understanding of Multithreaded, multi-process, distributed computing concepts
- Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, and parallel computing
- Performance, Optimization and tuning mindset
- Hardware and Virtualization Exposure preferred
- You are in Austin, Texas or already planning to relocate here
- You hold US Citizenship
- DOD Top Secret Security clearance or eligibility to attain a DoD top-secret security clearance
If you are currently open to new opportunities and want to take your career to the next level, please contact me to discuss this opportunity along with alternative HPC positions within the Austin Computer Software Technology Space.
All conversations are confidential, and we will only submit your information after attaining your consent.