A fintech start-up is building payments and rewards solutions for the video aming community. Headquartered in Chicago, they're backed by ins...
A fintech start-up is building payments and rewards solutions for the video aming community. Headquartered in Chicago, they're backed by institutional funding from several venture capital firms. They believe in creating financial products and services that reflect who you are and integrate what you do - not just what you spend - to reward you for spending time doing what you love. They are a remote-first company with offices in downtown Chicago. they offer unlimited PTO, excellent health care benefits, and the chance to earn early-stage equity.
About the role
They are looking for an experienced Python engineer to help us build out back-end services. They're a small team in a fast-paced industry. This role comes with a ton of autonomy, ownership and flexibility. Back-end engineers are generalists capable of switching from API development to DevOps or database tuning from one day to the next. The ideal candidate has plenty of experience with the stack and is comfortable with ambiguity and lightweight engineering process.
- 6+ years Python engineering experience
- Extensive experience with JSON API development
- Experience with AWS or GCP, Docker, PostgreSQL, Django/Flask/FastAPI, Serverless and the many adjacent technologies and libraries
- Experience with async Python or some other concurrent programming paradigm
- High-quality, test-driven sensibilities and attention to detail
- Excellent documentation and written communication skills
- Experience in a continuous integration, continuous delivery and Infrastructure-as-Code environment
- A low-ego, high-energy style
Bonus points awarded for:
- Prior experience in fintech or payments
- OAuth 2 experience
- A passion for gaming!