AcreTrader launched in 2018 and has established itself as a leader in the farmland investment industry. Our team and compan...
AcreTrader launched in 2018 and has established itself as a leader in the farmland investment industry. Our team and company have grown at an incredible pace, and in order to continue this growth, we must do so intentionally. We have very high expectations for ourselves, each other, and every new team member. We're looking for high performers who go about their work with a sense of curiosity and a drive to make things better. If you would like to be a part of a fast moving operation with an opportunity to make a massive impact at the intersection of finance, technology, and agriculture - then please, read on.
AcreMaps aims to be the most comprehensive, accurate, and useful mapping tool for agriculture. There are over 50 million farmland owners in the world that require a better service to explore their land. That includes checking how the land has evolved with satellite imagery, pricing their land at market with a land valuation algorithm, and exploring the underlying agronomic information. Our team solves complex computer science problems, designs beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improves the accuracy of our data to set the industry standard for mapping.
Senior Python Developer
AcreMaps is looking for a Senior Back End Software Developer based in Fayetteville, AR who will work with the development team to build the most accurate, comprehensive, and usable farmland maps application available. This position will help implement the latest mapping and web technologies to create services and data solutions that meet the needs of investors, farmers, brokers, and landowners. As at any growing company, you can expect many other tasks and responsibilities to be assigned as well as growth opportunities to be seized.
- Participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Collaborate with front end developers
- Provide documentation and training to support other team members
- Troubleshoot and debug
- Learn about new technologies which may be scalable to our dev ops organization as a whole
- Create and maintain compliant back end services
- Create, integrate, and manage databases which support key product features
- Help define and communicate technical and design requirements
- 4+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years experience working in Python
- 2+ years experience with Docker
- 4+ years of experience in database management:
- In-depth understanding of database tools, specifically PostgresSQL and/or PostGIS
- Experience creating database schemas which meet business requirements
- 4+ years of experience using code versioning tools like Git
- In-depth understanding of API specifications
- In-depth understanding of the fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Able to write clean, scalable, standards-compliant, reusable, quality code
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Transparent and open to feedback
Legal authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment at AcreTrader
- Experience with developing web and/or mobile mapping applications, Mapbox API preferred
- Familiar with geospatial data standards such as geoJSON or WKT
- Experience with Django
- Experience working in Swagger
- Experience with GCP services