CouponCabin is currently seeking a Senior Python Developer to join a creative, high-energy and fast-paced development team. The team is grow...
CouponCabin is currently seeking a Senior Python Developer to join a creative, high-energy and fast-paced development team. The team is growing but has managed to cling to its small, startup roots. We solve scalability problems, deal with large data sets and adopt best-of-breed technologies quickly. We value quality, reliable code and are open to new ideas and architectures. Communication and collaboration are essential.
- Perform all phases of a given project (e.g. requirements, design, develop, document and support)
- Write scalable and efficient python code for our production systems
- Apply the principles and techniques of object-oriented programming and agile methodologies
- Design software solutions to solve business problems
- Work collaboratively with a highly talented development team
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science, Web/Software Development, Software Engineering or Information Systems/Technology
- 5+ Years Experience using Python, commensurate experience with PHP or another object-oriented programming language acceptable with an interest in expanding your Python skills
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience with jQuery, AJAX, CSS and HTML and an interest in expanding your skills in each area
- Experience with Django or similar Web framework
- RDBMS experience required, Postgres expertise preferred
- Experience with Linux including technologies such as systemd service creation and control and message queues
- Experience writing unit and functional testing
- Willingness to work on legacy code
- Willingness to explore problem spaces, learn new technologies, and collaborate closely with colleagues
- Can provide sample code from personal, open-source or team project
The benefits package is extensive including premium medical, dental & vision plan with generous employer-paid premiums; employer paid life insurance; employer paid short and long term disability; 401K with generous employer match and immediate vesting, paid vacation time with $1,000 vacation allowance; paid day off for employee birthdays and work anniversaries; 7 hour work days and summer hours to promote work-life balance; access to company suite in Vegas at Vdara Hotel & Spa and in Miami at 1Hotel South Beach; company social outings throughout the year and much more.