Findaway is an audio technology company, innovating every day to bring more audiobooks to more listeners around the glo...
Findaway is an audio technology company, innovating every day to bring more audiobooks to more listeners around the globe. As the World's Audiobook Partner, we revolutionize the audiobook industry through products, technology, creation, and publishing. We are focused on making it possible for people all over the world to share their stories and we are using the power of audio to do it. Findaway has been awarded recognition as one of the fastest growing companies in Northeast Ohio and in America. We have been honored as one of the "Best Places to Work" in Northeast Ohio and have been on the Plain Dealer's Top Workplaces list. If you are looking to join a team of fearless Findawayers who aggressively pursue goals, share ideas, and bring every thought to the table in a high growth, entrepreneurial culture - check us out!
The Senior Python Developer position will be responsible for developing new backend software solutions, along with improving and maintaining existing software, in the Digital Products Group. The role will also be involved in scoping and estimating new projects, interacting with customers and outside resources, and writing documentation. The role will mentor other developers, although there will be no direct reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new backend software solutions, including APIs and data infrastructure pipelines
- Improve and maintain existing software
- Scope and estimate projects in coordination with business counterparts
- Periodically communicate with existing and potential customers to provide technical guidance
- Mentor and educate junior developers on projects
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience in a senior developer role designing, developing, and maintaining consumer-facing enterprise web applications and APIs
- 2+ years of experience working with and deploying systems to AWS
- 5+ years of experience with Python development
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Comfortable at a Linux command prompt as this is the run-time environment for all of our services
- Understanding of microservices architecture and the bigger picture
- Experience with Django and Django Rest Framework
- Experience with REST and GraphQL API architectures
- Experience with Mongo and PostgreSQL
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.