ekSource Technologies is committed to providing value through the effective use of technology. ekSource excels in putting together teams wit...
ekSource Technologies is committed to providing value through the effective use of technology. ekSource excels in putting together teams with strong functional knowledge and technical expertise. ekSource partners with leaders in the industry to fully harness their potential and bring the right solutions for your Business.
ekSource is head quartered at Herndon, Virginia with offices in Atlanta, GA, Nashville, TN. We emphasize on aligning to client's processes and development methodology, developing and maintaining client business and IT knowledge base.
We are looking for a Senior Python Developer for our client which is a technology solutions leader supporting health plans, self-insured employers and other risk-bearing entities for medication . This is 100 % Remote Role based out of Franklin, TN . Local Candidates will be a Bonus .
Role: Senior Python Developer
Location: Nashville, TN
Duration: 6 -12 Months Contract -to-Hire
Primary Skills: Python, AWS ,Cloud-based architectures , Docker, ECS, ECR, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, RDS, ElastiCache, AWS Glue, SQL, MySQL
- 5+ years experienced with Python
- Experience with AWS and cloud-based architectures Docker, ECS, ECR, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, RDS, ElastiCache) AWS Glue
- Experience with SQL, MySQL and/or Postgres
- Continuous integration and automated build processes
- Understanding of system automation concepts and techniques in order to increase team efficiencies
- Healthcare and knowledge of HIPAA experience is a plus
- Being local is a bonus!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide operational programming experience using with Python, Ruby, and Rails
- Build cloud-based next-generation solutions that are robust, scalable, and optimized for the cloud environment
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Work with our Quality Assurance and Business/Clinical Operations teams to ensure the timely release of new features, bug fixes, and new products
- Familiarity with AWS tools and provides actionable and achievable suggestions for converting existing systems into AWS tools
- Push code to source control daily and participate in code reviews
- Provide recommendations on tools to monitor and support all environments and implement as necessary
- Follow the change management process to control changes to production systems with regards to physical or system updates
- Create process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences
- Collaborate closely with and assisting Site Operation and Quality Assurance teams when required to ensure timely delivery of new systems, enhancements and bug fixes
- Take ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase operating efficiency.
- Develop and maintain unit tests for software components in development
- Participate in requirements gathering and definition efforts
- Provide accurate estimates in support of project planning efforts
- Respond quickly and effectively to defects and system outages
- Adheres to HIPAA and HITECH specifications in all aspects of solution architecture
- The Senior Software Engineer will work with the Director of Software Engineering to provide technical leadership and consultation to drive current software forward and create new applications or features as dictated by the evolving business needs.
- Work across multiple teams including Database Development, Infrastructure, QA, Clinical, Product and Client Success in an effort to communicate current state, new ideas and concepts, future possibilities or limitations, alternatives, and negotiate phased approaches to technical implementation and execution.
- Balance practical considerations with architectural vision to achieve the greatest benefit to the business.
- Work ranges from conceptual and strategic to tactical and includes integrating current architectures and initiatives as well as new architecture projects.
Please email the resume to OR call Surjeet (Jeet) at
ekSource is listed in Inc. 500/5000 as 1076th fastest growing companies in US and 63rd top 100 in Virginia and 78thin the Washington DC Metro Area. We have also been awarded "The Excellence Award" as fast 50 Asian American Business by the US Pan Asian American Chamber of commerce.
ekSource is an EEO company. We are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- provided by Dice