We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirem...
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
The Senior Python Developer builds and maintains effective information software applications that assist the company in minimizing administrative costs and maximizing information flow.
* Meets software application development time tables.
* Produces well thought out design documents that are able to be passed to less experienced Developers to consume.
* Provides accurate estimates for solutions; required to be an expert in one application or have breadth across multiple applications.
* Provides code review functions for peers and less experienced Developers to ensure code meets design expectations and can be implemented with minimal errors.
* Resolves complex software issues across multiple software applications.
* Unit tests developed code to ensure minimal defects upon promotion to integration and QA testing.
* Develops streamlined/effective applications code.
* Documents software applications developed or changes to existing software applications.
* Ensures code development follows Athene standards and best practices.
* Ensures effective communication and understanding between Business Analysts and Developers to ensure developed code will meet business needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
* 5+ years of application development experience.
* Strong Python Experience.
* Ability to make decisions, establish priorities and work effectively on multiple initiatives concurrently.
* A strong sense of teamwork and ability to lead and execute programs.
* Proficient in Project Management and SDLC processes.
* Strong knowledge of large-scale internal software applications or related technologies.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.