We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to guide the high level technical direction, architecture and implementation ...
We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to guide the high level technical direction, architecture and implementation for the Empire platform. In this role, you will be responsible for development and implementation of new software systems. You may also be required to update existing software and conduct feasibility studies on company systems. You will also be expected to design and code applications, create reports, and mentor your colleagues.
You will see the "big picture" and create architectural approaches for SaaS design and implementation to guide a diverse group of developers. In addition to high level technical direction, you will own components of the Empire core platform which consists of a Django backend and several GraphQL services. You will architect, design, code, review, test, and implement the components end to end.
Reporting to the VP of UX and Products, this role will be directly responsible for fully managing certain parts of the in-house roadmap and integrations with 3rd party or partner components. You will ensure this team's success through the effective use of resources, mentorship, technical skills and effective project management.
Given the startup nature of the current engineering team and the growth potential, you will be well positioned to grow with the company. This role has tremendous visibility with the leadership team and you will see plenty of opportunities for mentoring teammates. This role provides the ideal and creative ability to be a hands-on developer as well as be a team leader. Empire is a great place to grow your career.
- Evaluate, identify, develop and implement various software solutions to meet Empire's product goals
- Create design documents, architectural blueprints and functional specifications
- Review and discuss architectural design docs from other engineering teams, identify API contracts between components and implement them
- Mentor and guide other developers, overseeing, assisting and reviewing the work of the development team throughout the process
- Collaborate with product and business teams on requirements to plan and execute new features
- Test the final product to ensure it is completely functional and meets requirements
- Use a proactive approach to common challenges and by continually researching best practices in coding
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- 3+ years of experience building software products
- 2+ years production code experience with Python, Django, Postgres
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication skills to bridge the gap between product and engineering
- Curiosity about digital publishing and the technology used in the industry
- Ability to build products that scale, experience working on large-scale software projects
- Bachelor's degree or an advanced degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details
- Demonstrated knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity and open source technologies
- Professional experience analyzing code for weaknesses and errors, and overseeing plans to improve them
- Experience in GraphQL, NextJS, React