BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking. By combining industry-leading technology and ...
BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking. By combining industry-leading technology and security with our team's expertise and care, we've helped 200,000+ businesses, funding more than $9 billion since 2013.
Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long. We're hiring problem solvers and collaborators to join our meaningful mission.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, we've recently raised $102.5M and are backed by top investors, including Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Citi Ventures, SVB Financial, Nationwide Insurance, and M12.
We are looking for a Senior Python Engineer to develop backend components and integrations for our new line of products. You will work with a talented team to design and build our new, strategically important products for BlueVine.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; so, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is also necessary.
What You'll Do
What We Look For
- Architect scalable and robust components and integrations
- Fully own and independently drive backend engineering efforts
- Provide leadership and mentorship to teammates
- Develop projects through their entire lifecycle
- Be part of a fast-paced and flexible team
Benefits & Perks
- 5+ years of experience building Python applications (with Django or Flask) for web and/or mobile consumer-facing applications
- Experience with DevOps and web security
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Proficiency with database systems (e.g., MySQL PostgreSQL)
- Experience with source control management systems, preferably Git
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
Once We Return To Office
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- Commuter benefits - CalTrain passes for SF employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Pet-friendly HQ