BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking designed for their needs. We combine industry-...
BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking designed for their needs. We combine industry-leading technology and security with our team's expertise and care to provide best-in-class financing and lending products to power business growth at every stage of the journey. To date, we've supported over 87,000 small business owners with our core financial service products and more than 300,000 small business owners through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, BlueVine has raised $102.5M and is backed by top investors, including Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Citi Ventures, SVB Financial, Nationwide Insurance, and M12. For more information, check out our LinkedIn Page .
Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long. Join us as we build a brighter financial future for small businesses.
About The Role
Building a banking platform is no small task. We regularly deliver innovative features to stand out in a competitive market while simultaneously ensuring our products and services' stability, security, and accuracy. After all, we're dealing with money that people need to keep their business running.
To keep up with these requirements, we practice high coding standards across the technology organization and embrace cutting-edge technologies to make real-time decisions based on vast amounts of data.
As a Senior Python Engineer, you will work on a variety of features and cross team projects, with a great group of people.
This is not a fully remote role. At BlueVine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices will reopen in accordance with local guidelines, and will follow a hybrid model.
What You'll Do
What We Look For
- Architect and build state-of-the-art web applications using a variety of python tools
- Build distributed backend applications in the cloud
- Understand repeatable automated processes for building the application, test it, document it, and deploy it at scale
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product designers and other stakeholders in the company
- Develop projects through their entire lifecycle
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as draft specifications, architect solutions, define timelines, advise on industry best practice and problems to be solved
Benefits & Perks
- 5+ years of experience in in Backend development
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Python.
- Experience in Django
- Experience with Celery, RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
- Knowledge of ORM, SQL and Data Modeling
- Experience with AWS, cloud deployments, devops and web security
- Have strong attention to details, a strong sense of ownership, pride in the quality of one's work and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to a fast-paced development environment
Once We Return To Office
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- Free commuter benefits - CalTrain passes for SF employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Pet-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page .