We are a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset clas...
We are a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so have we- maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It's a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Python Engineer to join a newly created Technology Software Services team. The role will include designing, developing, and deploying applications for teams across the Technology Software Services organization. You will also be working closely with other groups within the organization, such as Networking, Telecom, and Core Infrastructure Services, in a mentorship capacity. You will be working primarily in a Linux/macOS environment.
What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Be a key member of the Infrastructure Development team, making impactful changes and designing custom applications.
- Collaborate with other technologists to create applications for other teams.
- Mentor junior developers in best practices.
Nice to have:
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Proven experience as a solution architect, focusing on complex solutions built using Python with Flask framework
- Experience with frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue.js
- Experience with SQLAlchemy
- Experience with nginx
- Experience with git
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Harbor, Rancher