Deposco is seeking a Principal Engineer Python to join our core product team. This role at Deposco offers a unique opportunity to use your b...
Deposco is seeking a Principal Engineer Python to join our core product team. This role at Deposco offers a unique opportunity to use your business skills, supply chain knowledge, and software aptitude to contribute directly to the execution of product strategy within a high-growth environment. You will quickly become an expert with our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions and target markets, and use that knowledge to facilitate the growth of our software solutions. The right candidate will have some experience or interest in supply chain management, specifically in the areas of supply chain planning, and inventory management. Successful candidates for this role could see multiple advancement opportunities to be the lead contributors of machine learning platforms.
What You'll Do
- Ability to process and synthesize complex data.
- Developing highly scalable, highly performant Python-based systems
- Design, implement and scale highly performant Python-based Data Science and Machine Learning libraries, frameworks, algorithms, pipelines, and tooling
- Apply advanced high performance Python programming practices and techniques
- Experience in core analytics methods (one or more of the following) Statistics (t-tests, Poisson process), Segmentation and clustering techniques, predictive modeling e.g. logistic regression, linear regression, Time Series analysis e.g. ARIMA, VAR, etc., Machine learning methods e.g. LCA, Random Forest, SVM, Optimization e.g. linear programming, NEB.
Nitty Gritty (What You'll Need)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, or a related degree, with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- 5+ years of experience developing, supporting, or implementing application software
- 5+ years of experience in development using object-oriented methodologies
- 5+ years of experience developing with Python
- 4+ years of experience working with databases SQL and/or NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, MemcacheDB)
- 3+ years of experience developing with Python using Cython, Numba
- 3+ years of experience developing with Python ML stack numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, keras, tensorflow, pyspark
- 3+ years of experience in Python parallelization/multiprocessing (e.g. Dask) and vectorization
- 3+ years of experience with web application frameworks, servers and proxies (e.g. Flask/Django, …)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
Good to have skills
- Experience with orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow, Luigi, …)
- Experience with Big Data processing Hadoop, Spark, Flink, BigQuery, …
- Experience with storage/search and related logging/presentation techniques (e.g. Elasticsearch/Kibana, S3, fluentd, Solr/Lucene)
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Be part of an energetic team that is serious about delivering software to customers and cultivating our culture. We work awfully hard and are having a blast doing it. This team believes that what we are doing is a game-change in the industry.
- Best coffee machine in the business
- Standing desk (if you're into that sort of thing).
- Corporate events including movie nights, Top Golf and other shenanigans.
- Excellent benefit package, with the majority paid for, including medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance and 401(k), as well as, as a generous paid vacation and holiday schedule!