At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by o...
At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions across five "everyday life" verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
You'll join our Boutique Wellness team where we work with all types of fitness professionals. Personal training. Yoga. Bootcamp. Barre. Fitness - you name it. We offer the services they need, so that they can focus on what really matters - helping their members and clients succeed.
We are looking for experienced Python engineers who are excited about the challenge of building and scaling the Mariana Tek platform, which is already making waves in the fitness industry.
As a member of the Platform team, you will help us develop the APIs, services, and infrastructure that powers our best-in-class studio management software and customer-facing products. You will work closely with a smart and dedicated team to solve challenging problems across a variety of domains, including e-commerce, internationalization, reporting, and many more.
Our technical stack includes: Python, Django, DRF, Oscar (Django e-commerce platform), rq, Ember.js
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Responsibilities And Expectations
- Contributing clean, performant Python (Django) code to our core platform
- Collaborating closely with product stakeholders, designers, and your fellow engineers to deliver features that support our business objectives
- Refactoring and optimizing existing code in line with existing and emergent best practices
- Proactively writing tests and documentation to ensure the health and maintainability of shipped code
- Providing constructive feedback on your colleagues' pull requests, and accepting constructive feedback on your own PRs in return
- Participating actively and thoughtfully in the full Agile development lifecycle, from planning to testing to release
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics
- 3+ years experience in professional software development
- Thorough knowledge of creating web applications with Python and Django
- Experience building SaaS platforms or customer-facing products
- Experience creating public-facing APIs (preferably with Django REST Framework)
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience with continuous delivery of software projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and kindly with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Able to work as a part of a team, but also pursue individual objectives
- Willing to be a mentor to your colleagues and learn from them as well
- An interest in learning about various technologies, our products, and the boutique fitness industry
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.