Thresher's products create value from unstructured content--even when others are trying to manipulate the narrative. Th...
Thresher's products create value from unstructured content--even when others are trying to manipulate the narrative. Thresher is the result of a collaboration between engineers, data scientists, former intelligence officers, and business executives who understand the needs of experts conducting high stakes analysis in the private and public sectors. We are growing our engineering team as we wrestle with the complex, multidisciplinary challenges that we are helping our clients address.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in the full software development life cycle including design, implementation, testing, maintenance, and support.
- Operate in a collaborative agile environment with a focus on transparency and team success.
- Create proofs-of concept, prototypes, and production-quality solutions.
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) text data in a variety of written languages.
- Engage with peers to review solutions and help ensure our team delivers readable, maintainable, and extensible solutions.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and data scientists to fully understand requirements and participate in proposing solutions.
Ideal candidate has:
- Understanding of software engineering best practices
- Commitment to delivering high-quality solutions
- Expertise designing and authoring well-structured and testable code
- At least 2 years of experience in Python in production systems
- Proficiency in unit testing, integration test, and functional testing
- Familiarity with developing for a cloud environment
- Familiarity with Django, Flask, PostgreSQL, or similar technologies
- Enthusiasm for Scrum and agile methodologies
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving
- Interest and ability to take initiative
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in a diverse and distributed team
- Ability to convey complex topics concisely and clearly
- Ability and willingness to learn new things
- Ability to succeed in a remote work environment
- Five or more years of relevant work experience
We are a fully distributed team (pre and post pandemic). Compensation is competitive and includes 20 days of vacation, 9 federal holidays, 9 days of sick leave. We cover 100% of health care premiums as well as the premiums for short and long-term disability plus life insurance. We will contribute to your 401K. This is a great opportunity to collaborate on a team with diverse data and social science experience, and work on challenging technical problems in the national security space with dual applications in the commercial sector.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We welcome applications from veterans.
- If you are interested, please use the job link on our website to submit a short cover letter describing a challenging problem you solved and why you are interested in working with Thresher. As a fully distributed team, written communication is important to our success. We'll look to your short answers for solid communication skills.