You want to solve problems you can't just Google answers for. You want to deal with real big data in real products that re...
You want to solve problems you can't just Google answers for. You want to deal with real big data in real products that real people use. You want exposure to cutting edge tech, including machine learning at scale, graph databases, and predictive modeling. And you want it all in a high-growth startup.
This client wants to be able to identify real-time risk across every company in their customers' ecosystems and beyond. They are looking for backend Python Engineers with unfettered curiosity and drive to help build "best in the world" experience that customers will love!
Join the close-knit engineer team that conceptualizes and develops their industry-leading data-driven Knowledge Graph. Hone your skills in an agile, test-driven environment and have a measurable impact on a well-established, rapidly expanding business.
- Architect, measure, and optimize, and high-performance fault-tolerant systems.
- Assume responsibility for critical parts of the Knowledge Graph (IKG) architecture.
- Write clean and well-crafted code.
- Resolve customer-facing issues and fix bugs.
- Develop practices to enhance code quality and ease of maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related field or a foreign equivalent.
- 5+ years of enterprise software development experience.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs as a service for your team and customers.
- A preference for writing mature and maintainable software in Python.
- Tolerance for writing immature, hacky, one-off software in Python.
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices - including unit tests, code review, version control, production monitoring, etc.
- Solid understanding of development lifecycle (design, test, implement, document) and release management using modern collaboration tools.
- Experience with Kafka a plus.
- Very comfortable in an agile environment and able to coach those less familiar in agile methodologies.
- Exposure to the Python data-science stack - Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn - and/or enterprise analytics tools like Spark, Flink, etc.
- Collaborative spirit and commitment to communicating well with colleagues in a remote environment as well as in-person.
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance is preferred