We're looking for a seasoned QA engineer with experience testing and debugging complex enterprise software. You will be an early QA hire and...
We're looking for a seasoned QA engineer with experience testing and debugging complex enterprise software. You will be an early QA hire and help set the tone for the growth of our QA organization This is a role for someone who is ambitious and wants to join an ambitious startup to grow with us! If you're the right fit, you'll also be an essential part of expanding our QA organization and helping us to hire and grow as a company.
You will be joining a pod consisting of 3 engineerings and a designer. If you're a very experienced QA professional with experience building and leading QA teams, we're also happy to have you start in an individual contributor role for a short period of time to get comfortable with our team and build out and hire additional QA engineers.
It is important that you have had experience in enterprise SaaS and are quick to learn about and understand new business domain areas and complex requirements. Previous experience in ed tech/k12 education products in the US is a nice-to-have, but not a strict requirement.
Our team is distributed so we're happy to have remote candidates.
Work Breakdown And Responsibilities
- 50% of your work will be testing new features that are developed to make sure that they meet the planned requirements and designs. You will write and then execute manual tests in the UI and Postman to check that these features work as expected and that they do not cause regressions in existing functionality
- 30% will be developing and expanding integration tests written in using the Python Selenium driver. We will help you understand the features and the requirements of existing features, but you will be responsible for developing the testing strategy and tests to ensure coverage
- 20% triaging and debugging production issues and documenting these bugs as well as assigning them and validating that they have been resolved
- In each of these activities, you will need to plan out and communicate your status and concerns to your teammates to ensure that you're aligned with our overall shipping and company priorities
After applying, we'll notify you if you will proceed to the following steps
- Recorded Video interview - you will respond to questions about yourself, QA best practices, and technical questions in a timed video interview that our team will review
- Fit interview about your previous experience and discussing more complex situations with the CTO
- Fit Interview your pod lead (an engineering lead)
- Practical Challenge -- will involve understanding some example feature, planning tests, potentially writing some automation code
To be a good fit for this role, you must
Nice to haves/bonuses
- Have at least 4 years of professional QA experience, though more is preferred
- Be comfortable with writing and documenting test plans for complex products with multiple user types and complex data inputs and context
- Have experience executing tests and documenting bugs in Jira. You should also be able to determine the source of a bug (FE, BE, API, data, etc)
- Be comfortable testing APIs with Postman
- You should be able to script in python and be comfortable with pandas and data tools to examine data and check for certain patterns
- Be able to use the Python Selenium driver to write integration tests using BDD/behave/cucumber
- Be an experienced jira user
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and making judgement calls about expected behavior. As a startup, we have some documented requirements and behavior, but you must also be comfortable inferring some behavior and also being able to know when to ask team members
- If you know Django and are comfortable with the ORM and Django admin, this is a MAJOR plus
- We're looking for someone who can iterate on and build a process that works well and can scale.
- Experience hiring and growing QA teams
- Competitive salary
- Evaluation for promotion/raises every 6 months
- Performance-based bonuses
- If you're US based, we cover insurance, dental, vision,rr and have a 401k plan