Overview of Position
Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, wo...
Overview of Position
Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
Change Healthcare is on a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
The Software Engineer role will focus on building complex systems on AWS services using a DevOps model that takes a solution throughout all phases from concept to building and supporting the solution . You'll work on a small, agile scrum team building 100% fault tolerant code, 100% automation of tests and infrastructure. You'll be learning new technologies, understanding our legacy clearinghouse solutions and figuring out how to build using proven cutting-edge technologies.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Software enhancements and new products development, including cloud-based or internet-related tools.
- Estimate and plan for complex project level assignments even with some not flushed out requirements, able to significantly contribute to the scalability of a product in terms of performance, supportability, optimized costs.
- Assume role of technical lead on projects by evaluating design and support implementation and collaborate with function groups on work to be delivered. Able to recognize strengths and limitations of team members and adapt to leverage and mentor.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- 8+ years professional experience in software development.
- 6+ years professional experience with at least two modern programming languages such as C#, Java, Go, Python, etc. 3+ years professional experience with indexed data persistence such as Relational Databases (SQL) or NoSQL Data Stores.
- Capable of sharing knowledge with external teams via tech talks, able to consistently deliver on critical tasks on any given project through proven consistency of established DevOps practices.
- Leads a team in modular design, implementation, and testing.
- Proposes low-level design for task and story level assignments as well as high level design for epic-level assignments
- Ability to breakdown requirements into stories and provide estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical risk and create documentation.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Fargate, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Athena, etc).
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Knowledge in agile/scrum methodologies, DevOps, and software development lifecycle.
- Committed to current best practices, continuous deployment, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and mindset.
- Experience with X12 healthcare transactions such as Eligibility and Claims a plus.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data a plus.
General office demands How much should I expect to travel?
10%. This position may require travel for training, planning, and other business needs. Usually, travel is outside the local area and overnight
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system! Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law
at and the supplemental information at .
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare's Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.