Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collabor...
Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world's largest automakers, we're building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet The Team
We are looking for candidates who are excited about building core software to enable rapid and robust maps for AV. Maps play a critical role in the success of Argo AI. Today's autonomous vehicles require a unique prior map of the world they are operating within for everything from navigation to context of the environment around them. Map Representation spans everything from collecting raw data from vehicles to producing end user maps including on-vehicle map SDK's. Join a team using cutting edge technologies to create solutions for highly detailed and complex maps that empower our autonomous vehicles.
What You'll Do
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Design and implement backend systems to build maps for our growing fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Develop rigorous software products using a mix of Python and Java
- Work with point cloud, image, and other sensor data to build HD maps for self-driving vehicles
- Work with internal teams on SLAM, 2D segmentation, classification and other ML models
- Problem solve in a fast paced environment and work with complex software
- Work with internal teams to understand their needs and define requirements/interfaces
- Design scalable solutions for big-data storage and retrieval on AWS using Kubernetes, Airflow and other cloud technologies
What We Offer You
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field
- Strong design and architecture: You must be able to understand and balance requirements in complex software systems
- Deep programming skills in a major language: We work in C++, Java, Kotlin, Go and Python. You must be able to implement clean and efficient code and interfaces
- Ability to communicate complicated technical information: We are working on hard problems in a very fast paced team environment
- Outstanding engineering judgement: You understand how to scope solutions to produce a high volume of quality work with maximum value
- Technical expertise in Linux system development, profiling, and optimization
- Ability to work beyond your core engineering field and understand how the pieces fit together in the larger system
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world's leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers' global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.