The Engineering team has big plans for 2021 and beyond, and we need a great Senior Software Engineer to help us accomplish our goals. As a c...
The Engineering team has big plans for 2021 and beyond, and we need a great Senior Software Engineer to help us accomplish our goals. As a company, data is the core of our business. We leverage our data to gain better insights into the technology buying market, drive more efficient conversations with technology buyers, and ultimately offer our data in new and innovative product offerings.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the software that provides the data for most of our business. You will help architect a platform that supports the entire business's data needs. You will be a go-to resource for data integration, complex Python questions, and database optimization all in an effort to help our growing company move even faster.
- Building feature-complete software solutions to meet User Story requirements
- Hands-on development, testing, debugging, and ongoing maintenance of both new and existing code
- Author and maintains design documentation
- Organize workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership
- Develop a working knowledge of the company's data, products, and services in order to better understand internal and external client needs
- Ensure leadership is informed of schedules, timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations, and all other information
- Interact with other key staff members on the design and execution of certain tasks
- Regularly participate in Peer Reviews for quality assurance and to maintain best practices
- Perform root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- 5+ Years building applications with Python
- Excellent programming, testing, and debugging skills
- Robust knowledge of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL
- Must be flexible with a "can-do" attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high-pressure situations
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools like Airflow
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to multitask
- Excellent time management and planning skills are essential
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material
- Ability to thrive in a reactive environment
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in Data/Business Analytics
- Experience with ETL and Data Integration Tools such as FiveTran a plus
- Familiarity with Linux, Docker, AWS tools, Microservices Architecture Patterns, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment are all a plus
BENEFITS & PERKS:
TechnologyAdvice team members benefit from an environment that encourages them to grow personally and professionally, with the support of a highly motivated team around them. On top of that, we also offer the following:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- MacBook Pro or Windows notebook, your choice
- Weekly Career Development Meetings for your first 60 days
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Bucket List Benefit
- Team Outings and Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Birthday celebrations
- Coffee, soda, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
TechnologyAdvice's purpose is to create opportunities for technology buyers, technology vendors, our team members and our communities.
We are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
We work with vendors to grow their customer base through our unique lead generation, content creation, and digital advertising programs. These programs improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of their ideal customers using multiple touchpoints.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 list of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for four consecutive years. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber's NEXT Awards, as well as being honored as a Tennessee Top Workplace in 2019 and 2020.
Our Core Values are: Be Transparent, Make Calculated Decisions, Crave Knowledge, Challenge Mediocrity, and Value Each Other.
Pre-employment screening required.COVID-19 RESPONSE:
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the following measures have been implemented for employees working in-office based on CDC and local guidelines:
- Social distancing between workspaces
- Mandatory mask policy
- Frequent sanitation of high-touch surfaces
- Room capacities for all conference rooms
- COVID-19 contact and exposure response policy
- Individually packaged catered lunches
A Hybrid Work Policy was also launched. We offer flexibility to work in the location where you feel most productive. Eligible team members can work in-office, remotely from home, or a blend of the two, assuming acceptable minimum requirements are met.
Powered by JazzHR