We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pri...
We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
We are currently looking for a brilliant Senior Software Engineer to join our team. Your fundamental skills are focused on Python and asynchronous handling of IO. You love orchestration and micro-service system collaboration. We work in small teams, so this is an opportunity to have a big impact, contribute, and ship products quickly that are used by millions of people!
What You'll Do
- Build high-performance application components for the web. Our core product features include integration into highly scalable and performant IoT edge, managing and defining models which represent our domain and a clear vision for API development that makes your consumer smile with joy with every call.
- Work with other engineers on your team and within the company to imagine, design, and build tools and applications to make our products faster and easier to deploy.
- Collaborate with designers, Product Managers, and other engineers to design features and break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- Build, document and maintain tests, features, and infrastructure.
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar field.
- 5 years or more of professional development experience shipping enterprise-grade python-based software.
- Ability to overcome obstacles autonomously, self-motivated, "get it done" attitude.
- You absolutely love crafting amazing web applications and products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. We know everyone says this, but we mean it! We have a distributed team and rely on team members that are well organized and can effectively communicate about their work progress, roadblocks, and dependencies.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Python
- 5+ years of professional experience APIs development (REST, GraphQL"is a plus")
- 5+ years of professional experience Cloud development and deployment on Azure (AWS is acceptable)
- 3+ years of professional experience Django, ORM and Django REST Framework
- 3+ years of professional experience with Docker Containers
- 3+ years of experience developing and/or managing enterprise-scale PostgreSQL implementations (MySQL, MariaDB or other is acceptable)
- 3+ years of experience developing and/or managing enterprise-scale in No-SQL (Cassandra, MongoDB and others is acceptable)
Personality: driven, self-motivated, adaptable, empathetic, energetic, detail-orientedPreferred Qualifications
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
- Additional years of development experience
- Experience with data replication technologies/redundancy to ensure High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Expertise in faceted search or other big data query technology (Redis, Elasticsearch, or otherwise)
- Familiarity with React JS framework and full-stack development
- Kubernetes is a plus
- BMS, IoT and indoor positioning services
- Knowledge of the world of building science very helpful.
Please utilize the internal career site to apply if you are a current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here and here for more information. Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities:
As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at . Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.