FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operat...
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at
Working as part of our global SRE organization supporting our cloud email service you will be part of a team responsible for delivering advanced security services via the cloud, where you will proactively analyze cloud services for performance improvements and automation opportunities as we continue to push towards more cloud native services.
What You Will Do
- Automate all parts of code and service delivery using a variety of methods.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of FireEye's cloud services.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services with a focus on using automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions and building better technologies vs. manual resolution.
- Participate in on call rotation responding with urgency to incidents that may arise.
- Work as part of a team serving multiple stakeholders, balancing priorities to deliver on time while communicating status to internal customers.
- Take initiative to identify and address opportunities for improvement within the organization.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience programming in Go and Python
- Experience with GitOps and other Git workflows
- High desire to ship products to customers, and overcome problems that impede the speed of delivery
- Be able to explain programming concepts and teach those to others
- Good understanding of security implications for architectural decisions you will make.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way.
- Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, routing, OSI layers, load balancing, etc.).
- US Citizenship is required due to product compliance requirement
- Experience configuring AWS programatically or through Infrastructure As Code (EC2, Load Balancers, SQS, Lambda, etc.)
- Experience running containers and Kubernetes in production
- Experience delivering software into AWS and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation or Ansible
- Understanding of AWS permissions, IAM policy configuration, and cross account permissions
Additional InformationAt FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(Colorado applicants only*)
Minimum Salary: $102,800. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye's Compensation Committee, and vesting termsBenefits
Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
- Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)