343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Assets and Objects workflow team to ...
343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Assets and Objects workflow team to enhance our tools/workflows. The team is responsible for enabling the team to build all the beautiful things you see including (but not limited to): geometry, animation, material and FX workflows. To do this we need great tools/workflows and that's where you come in! Transforming art and design content into optimal, game-ready formats is a key part in achieving high framerates and exciting gameplay and this team is right in the middle of all that action.
- Help realize the art teams desired workflows by building new tools and improving existing ones.
- Support content creation teams as they build the game.
- 4-6 years of DCC and art asset pipeline development experience in the games (or related) industry.
- At least 4 years programming experience in Python
- At least 2 years making UIs in Qt, familiar with making responsive UIs and view-model paradigms.
- Passion for creating amazing AAA game experiences
- Experience working with large and complex tools and codebases
- Good understanding of algorithms, performance, optimization and debugging
- BS degree or equivalent industry experience.
Pluses (optional field)
- C++, C# experience
- Maya plugin experience
Solid 3D Math skills (linear algebra and trig.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
343careersBenefits and Perks Industry leading healthcareSavings and investmentsGiving programsEducational resourcesMaternity and paternity leaveOpportunities to network and connectDiscounts on products and servicesGenerous time away
Associated topics: application architect, application developer, c/c++, design, maven, programming, project architect, senior software developer, software architect, software engineer lead