We are searching for a Software Developer with Python and Django to support the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is part...
We are searching for a Software Developer with Python and Django to support the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in North Bethesda, MD. NCBI is the world's premier biomedical center hosting over six million daily users that seek research, clinical, genetic, and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health - at NCBI you can literally help to accelerate cures for diseases! NCBI's wide range of applications, platforms (Node, Python, Django, C++, you name it) and environments (big data [petabytes], machine learning, multiple clouds) serve more users than almost any other US Government Agency according to
This is a full-time position with full benefits. You will start out working remotely until we beat Covid. We are looking for those IT professionals that enjoy having a passion for what they do and want to work for an organization that gives back to the community. That's what a position at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will give you is an opportunity to contribute to the betterment of America's public health system. Be on the cutting edge as discoveries are made to improve your countries health!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for contributing to the design, development and maintenance of the ClinVar product line
- Build robust, high performing, user-facing web applications in Python and Django
- Contribute to the design, development and modernization of legacy pipelines (Micro-Services and APIs)
- Learn new technologies, keep up with the internal systems, and share your knowledge with the team
- Work as an integral part of an Agile development team to support the existing submission pipelines and reporting
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development
- Proficiency in Python and Django
- Experience working with relational SQL databases
- Experience working with multiple data formats (XML , JSON, CSV)
- Experience in Selenium testing
- Programming experience in a Linux environment
- Fluency in at least one scripting language such as Bash, Perl
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, version control, and unit, integration and regression testing
- Experience with workflow management systems like Apache AirFlow
- Experience developing web services and RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Agile software development techniques and practices
- Experience in C++
- Experience in processing large amounts of data
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.