What We Do
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Our full stack teams build and maintain featu...
What We Do
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Our full stack teams build and maintain features, frameworks, and tools to craft an excellent user experience in Meraki's Dashboard. We operate across Meraki's entire product line, from firewalls, switches, and wireless routers to security cameras and application analytics. Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying and configuring distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere. Its rich data visualizations help users detect trends in network traffic and foot traffic alike. Meraki Engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are problem solvers.
What You'll Do
The Meraki Network Service team is transforming the way networking and security is delivered with Meraki's legendary simplicity and cloud-first approach. Our teams are small and fast-paced, striving always to make our products unique by balancing feature-rich abilities and simplicity. Our full-stack engineers are well versed in a wide array of technologies and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!
In this role you will lead a 6-8 person team of extremely talented software engineers. You will provide architectural leadership, review designs, and prioritize the growth and development of your team members. You will be a strong mentor, nurturing an encouraging environment to enable the team to do their best work. You will enable a highly productive relationship among product management, design, and engineering. You have a relentless focus on user experience - you care that your team is building the features that will have the biggest impact on Meraki's users.
Example projects as an Engineering Manager:
- Holding regular one-on-ones with your team, ongoing coaching and mentorship, writing performance evaluations, and compensation planning.
- Planning and tracking timelines for your team, ensuring efficient execution and communicating to relevant partners when things change.
- Working with our recruiters on targeted hiring efforts to make sure your team can meet the needs of the business.
- Working with senior engineers on your team to determine the direction of Dashboard's API. Growing it to enable large customers to take advantage of Meraki features at an enormous scale, locally and globally.
- Working alongside Product Management to craft a feature development strategy that caters to Meraki's largest customers, Service Providers, while maintaining Dashboard's core simplicity.
- Leading the team to develop a framework that ensures Dashboard works well in multiple languages. The challenge is maintaining high quality translations through the use of automation and developer tools so that ongoing developer involvement is minimal.
Who You Are
- Are interested in a leadership role because it allows you to work closely with others to help them achieve their best. Ideally, you have led teams of more than three people and are looking for an opportunity to take on more responsibility and lead a larger team.
- Have 5+ years of experience building systems that maintain a balance between time to market, usability, and incurring appropriate technical debt.
- Have experience writing code for large-scale production environments.
- Are adaptable and versatile, but also understand the business necessity of schedules, estimates, and deadlines.
- Have experience with one or more front-end frameworks such as React or Angular, and modern web frameworks like Ruby on Rails or Django.
Experience with any of the following is a BIG Plus:
- Mentoring individuals at different stages of their career
- Networking technologies
- Working closely with Product Management, UX, or Design teams
- Data analytics systems
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!