Kforce has a client that is seeking a Software Engineer ( AWS, Oracle, Python/ Java) in Durham, NC. Summary: The Principa...
Kforce has a client that is seeking a Software Engineer ( AWS, Oracle, Python/ Java) in Durham, NC. Summary: The Principal Software Engineer in Core Brokerage Security Master & Pricing is responsible for design and development of highly available, scalable and distributed data platforms to process high volume, high velocity and wide variety of structured data. The Principal Software Engineer will also be a technical lead for the team and have responsibility for solution design, solving key technical challenges and mentoring the team.Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required
- Extensive experience in Object Oriented Programming (Python, Java), Stream Processing (Spark), REST APIs and in-memory technologies
- Demonstrated ability in implementing Big Data solutions in AWS
- Experience with Relational databases (Oracle)
- Solid understanding of developing highly scalable distributed systems using AWS services
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Docker, uDeploy), functional and unit automated testing (PyTest, JUnit, Cucumber), Messaging Technologies (Kafka, Kinesis, SNS, SQS)
- Some experience preferred with Snowflake, NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Elastic search), data movement technologies (ETL), user interface (Angular, TypeScript)
- Shown experience in Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Strong technical design and analysis skill
- Ability to identify ambiguity and work in a fast paced environment
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.