At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the li...
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on the Corporate Systems Tech/Governance, Risk & Compliance team, you will contribute to designing, producing, testing, or implementing routine or foundational software, technology, or processes, as well as contribute to creating and maintaining IT architecture, large scale data stores, and cloud-based systems. You will be an integral part of our digital transformation
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Software Engineer role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities
- Gather and document information about the needs of the customer and create preliminary solution frameworks.
- Under the guidance of management, design and develop software solutions to meet needs.
- Apply fundamental knowledge of process-driven approach in designing solutions.
- Collaborate with senior staff to implement new software technology.
- Maintain existing software using standard methods, practices, and precedents.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- At least one year of software engineering experience
- Experience with COTS application installations and upgrades
- AWS or other cloud technology experience or strong desire to work on cloud technology implementation and development
- Experience with development/design using Python
- Knowledge or experience in basic DevOps support and deployment
- Knowledge development/technical skills in Git, Jenkins, CI/CD, UCD/Terraform
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful Web Services and Web APIs
- Experience partnering closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements
- Experience in production support that has high visibility/SLA
- Strong problem-solving skills in troubleshooting issues and maintenance of Web Services
- Ability to collaborate and work with stakeholders across multiple groups
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with other engineering teams and key business stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with TeamMate
- Experience with Teammate Application installations and integrating Teammate application using API's
- Ability to lead in an Agile environment
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at .