Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we...
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Travelers is seeking a software engineer to join our organization to transform and mature our technology landscape. Individual will work as a Site Reliability Engineer as part of a team to design, develop, automate, operate, and enhance our technology stack, platforms, and service offerings.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Technical Skills (must have some and a passion for learning the others)
- Design, develop, automate, operate, and advance solutions that enhance the developer experience, drive Public Cloud adoption, improve software operations, and mature our CI/CD pipelines.
- Increased automation and self-service - improve efficiency and advance methods to provision, build, deploy, and run our applications (Blue/Green, Canary, Monitoring/Alerting, Infrastructure as code, etc.).
- Cloud Provisioning / Infrastructure setup (cloud configuration, load balance points, firewall rules, SSL certificates, security configuration, etc.)
- Platform support - Monitor and support production infrastructure, help debug issues in all environments.
- Technical leadership - help ensure our technologies, processes, patterns, and standards continue to evolve.
- Work across teams to reduce organizational silos.
- More important than experience in any singular technology: A strong sense of curiosity about technology and a desire to learn and grow your career.
DevOps, DevSecOps, Amazon Web Services, Gitlab, Github, Jenkins, Linux, Ansible, Python, Groovy, NAnt, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Kiali, MongoDB Atlas, Kafka, Okta, NPM, Maven, NuGet, Nexus Repository, BlackDuck, Appscan Source, Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Minimum Qualifications
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Two years of programming/development experience.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Four years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Delivery - Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to estimate accurate timelines for tasks and deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, contribute to the software design strategy and methodologies used to best meet the system requirements, consider and build for many different use cases, avoid over engineering, and ensure automation, deliver complete solutions but release them in small batches, and identify important tradeoffs and negotiate them.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including understanding technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively and aware of industry trends, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and priorities, and possess in depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on and some knowledge of adjacent systems.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solver who ensures solutions are built for the long term, is able to resolve new issues, recognizes mistakes using them as learning and teaching opportunities and consistently breaks down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication - Strong communicator who possesses the ability to articulate information clearly and concisely with the business, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members as both a mentor and mentee, take in vague requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, offer feedback appropriately and effectively, seek out and receives constructive criticism well, listen when others are speaking and make space for colleagues to share their thoughts.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with the ability to help create a safe environment for others to learn and grow as engineers and a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying opportunities and tracking team efforts.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting. - provided by Dice