* Location: St. Louis, MO
* Remote: Remote
* Type: Contract
* Job #6479
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Software Engin...
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Remote: Remote
- Type: Contract
- Job #6479
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Software Engineer, Geospatial, Python, Java, Go (144265). Do you have experience with Python, Java, or Go? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will design, build and support of cloud and open source systems to process geospatial data assets via an API-based platform. You will partner with other internal development communities to bring needed data sets into the asset and making data available to the company and internal development communities. You will be building highly scalable APIs and associative architecture to support thousands of requests per second. You will provide leadership in advancing the company understanding of environmental/external influences on field performance and risk factors. You will be working at all stages of the software life cycle: Proof of Concept, MVP, Production, and Deprecation. You will define and promote the data warehousing design principles and best practices with regards to architecture and techniques within a fast-paced and complex business environment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant job experience.
- Minimum of 2-year experience with Python, Java, Go, or similar development languages.
- Experience developing HTTP APIs that serve up data in a cloud environment.
- Ability to build and maintain workflows and applications in modern cloud architecture, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Proven experience working with ETL concepts of data integration, consolidation, enrichment, and aggregation. Design, build and support stable, scalable data pipelines or ETL processes that cleanse, structure and integrate big data sets from multiple data sources and provision to integrated systems and Business Intelligence reporting.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
- Proven success utilizing Docker to build and deploy within a CI/CD Environment, e.g. Argo.
- Experience with code versioning and dependency management systems such as GitHub, SVT, and Maven.
- Proficient working in a Command Line Interface system e.g. Docker, K8s, AWS CLI, GCloud, Argo, psql, SSH
Desired Skills & Experience:
- MSc in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of open-source geospatial solutions like GeoServer, GeoTrellis, GeoMesa.
- Proven experience (2 years) with distributed systems, e.g. Kubernetes, Spark, distributed databases, grid computing.
- Experience with stream processing, e.g. Kafka.
- Proven experience (2 years) with GoLang
- Experience developing schema data models in a data warehouse environment.
- Experience working with customers/other developers to deliver full-stack development solutions e.g collect software, data, and timeline requirements in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agriculture and/or agriculture-oriented businesses.
- Experience implementing complex data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and delivery of large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience adapting to new technologies.
- Capable to decide on the needed hardware and software design needs and act according to the decisions. Ability to develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions.
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures should be present.
- Experience creating cloud computing solutions and web applications leveraging public and private APIs
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Keywords: Python, Java, Go, PostgreSQL
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out technologypartners.net/jobs !
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
The post Software Engineer, Geospatial, Python, Java, Go appeared first on Technology Partners .