SkillStorm is seeking a Software Engineer for our client in New York, New York. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2...
SkillStorm is seeking a Software Engineer for our client in New York, New York. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Application Architect V - Client Reference Data Team Looking for top-tier engineers who have a strong and successful track record of solving hard problems and out of the box thinking. We work in a dynamic environment and expect new joiners to be flexible, self-sufficient and learn our business, our data and our technology stack with minimal supervision. They will lead the push for horizontally scalable, high performance applications.
- The selected candidates will be working on the BOFA Reference data platform for Client, Accounts and Instrument data.
Some Key Points:
- As per the description, we place heavy emphasis on the candidates ability to learn, adapt and work with minimal direct supervision.
- The tech skills we require are not that common, so actual hands-on experience with something like RDF or Scala is less important than demonstrated willingness and ability to learn.
- At least 5 years of heavy, hands-on, software development in a 3rd-gen language (Scala, Java,
- Python etc.) is a requirement.
- Test driven methodologies, working in automation of unit and regression tests, CI/CD is a plus
- We also require the candidates to be capable of basic data analysis and requirements gathering. They should come prepared to learn not just the technology but our business processes and our data as well.
- Experience in working with Agile development environment
- 5+ years of Java, Python (or similar) programming, Scala is a big plus
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Flexible, self-starter, fast-learner - willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Experience with functional programming is a big plus
- Experience with graph technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Semantic Web (RDF) and Sparql is a plus
- Experience with distributed computing is a plus. Familiarity with Zookeeper/Storm/Spark/HDFS is a plus.
- Experience with Selenium, Cucumber, big plus
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- provided by Dice