At Dascena, we are applying cutting-edge machine learning techniques in order to help save lives. We have partnered with healthcare provider...
At Dascena, we are applying cutting-edge machine learning techniques in order to help save lives. We have partnered with healthcare providers across the country in order to develop and deploy predictive machine learning technologies that assist clinicians in providing the best care to their patients.
As a Software Engineer at Dascena, you will be part of a focused team of software engineers and data scientists that generates key results for Dascena's clinical machine learning research and development. You will play a key role in building Dascena's next-generation data analytics pipeline, including architecture design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring. This is an exciting opportunity to "get in on the ground floor" of an early stage, high-growth company and work alongside visionary leaders.
If you have a passion for working on large datasets, building comprehensive data pipelines, supporting and conducting in-depth research, and implementing the newest techniques, we want you on our team!
- Design optimal and compliant data pipeline architecture to support data science research projects and applications
- Develop reliable and efficient tools and APIs for data access and data analysis
- Collect, assemble and process complex datasets that meet business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including CI/CD for automated testing and deployment, and scalable data transformation and delivery processes
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Data, and Writing teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data and infrastructure secure and maintain compliance with the regulatory requirements
- 2+ years of experience in building scalable data software solutions
- Strong Python skills, and experience with the numeric libraries and distributed computing frameworks in the Python ecosystem
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (we use PostgreSQL and MongoDB, but comparable experience ok)
- Experience with creating and supporting user-friendly Python interfaces to large datasets
- Proficient with ETL
- Experience with code reviews to help team members improve their programming and data access skills
- Experience building and optimizing scalable data pipelines and architectures
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and application deployment in the cloud
- Excellent understanding of security principles, best practices, and compliance
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or similar discipline
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, scalable data stores, and distributed computing
- Familiarity with getting the most out of AWS cloud resources/services
- Experience with healthcare data and data formats (e.g. HL7) is a plus
- Experience working with clinical data in a machine learning setting is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits
- Flexible hours and PTO
- HOUSTON, TX Preferred but open to remote
- H-1B transfer option
- provided by Dice