Our client, a NYC based hedge fund with over $50 Billion in AUM, is looking to hire an extremely talented Software Engineer to work on a lon...
Our client, a NYC based hedge fund with over $50 Billion in AUM, is looking to hire an extremely talented Software Engineer to work on a long-term contract (6+ months to start).
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience. This is a fully remote based position (including after COVID-19) and you are eligible for extensions!
We are seeking a Data Engineer to join our talented Data Onboarding Engineering team. In this role, you'll contribute to building robust data pipelines that ingest over 30TB of data each day.
This is an opportunity to break into a top hedge fund that focuses on AI/ML and distributed computing for some of its trading strategies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years of back end professional software development experience using object oriented Python. 3 years is the sweet spot, and we'll consider someone with up to 5.
- Computer Science Degree (REQUIRED)
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Data engineering/pipelining experience
- Experience working with financial time series data
You should possess the following qualifications:
- You have at least 3 years of full-time work experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- You have experience developing data workflows and a good operational understanding of data operations, including processing, storage, quality and management
- You have at least 3 years experience in building ETL pipelines
- You have at least 3 years experience with Python programming
- provided by Dice