A software product company that builds a consumer-facing platform is scaling out their team with at least two new software engineers. Their ...
A software product company that builds a consumer-facing platform is scaling out their team with at least two new software engineers. Their core product is well positioned with it's specialized searching capability in a market segment experiencing significant demand growth, especially during the pandemic. The platform is currently deployed to several major US geographic markets with plans for continued stateside and eventually international expansion.
Their technology environment leverages of multi-lingual backend on an AWS microservice architecture with a React client side. Lot of new features are set to be built into the product both on the client and service layers, so if you are excited by full stack work and opportunities to learn new tools along the way, this may be the opportunity for you. The company is still considered a startup (founded in 2013) but the platform is live with established revenues adding to their stability. As they are on their "scaling journey" those with a can-do attitude and enthusiastically take on new challenges will thrive in an environment like this.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS, other engineering field, or mathematics. Additional years of professional experience and training will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience with at least one backend programming language used in modern software development - Python, Ruby, Node, Golang, Java, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience of commonly used frameworks for web applications - Django, Rails, Express, Spring, React/Redux, etc.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork ability
- Problem-solving and can-do mindset
- Passionate about building great software
- Modern service layer work - GraphQL, Microservices, gPRC, etc.
- Dedicated API development in Python or Ruby
- Elastic Search
- Cloud-deployed application on AWS or other public cloud
- QA and DevOps principals, methods, and mindset
- Strong CS fundamentals with data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Competitive Base Salary: Up to $140,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Performance bonus incentive
- Stock options
- Flexible work arrangement
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
#LI-SS1 - provided by Dice