Software Engineer (Python, React)
The role offers the candidate the opportunity to participate in the growing Trading ...
Software Engineer (Python, React)
The role offers the candidate the opportunity to participate in the growing Trading and Supply businesses. There will be many 'new' and 'first' for the candidate to be part of. The role is responsible for working with business and IT to deliver solutions in projects or enhancements for the business needs.
The Software Engineer will be working in full partnership with the IT teams and Business Stakeholders to design, develop and deliver fit for purpose IT solutions. The scope of the work includes but not limited to analytical activities - identify & understand issues, analyze impacts and dependencies, recommend end-to-end solution design, and implement a solution.
The role will work on defect fixes, enhancements, and special project delivery following the software development lifecycle. Key activities will evolve around DevOps delivery methodology and encompass tasks management, requirements gathering and traceability, prototyping, design and development, testing and release/patching.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Experience with developing solutions using Python
• Experience with developing solutions using React
• Experience with Kafka
• Endur development using JVS and OpenComponents
• Experience with developing solutions using Java and .Net
• Experience with Oracle Database, SQL, PL/SQL
• In-depth knowledge of Endur's database schema and ability to write/tune SQL
• Experienced in handling memory management issues with JVS and OpenComponents scripting
• Experienced with utilizing and implementing Connex, Grid Enabled Scripts, and Operation Services.
• Experienced with utilizing and implementing Endur's Trade Process Management (TPM)
• Understands mature software design/architectures, software quality management and coding standards
• Familiar with Microsoft Azure DevOps tools (such as VSTS and GIT)
• Able to manage multiple delivery priorities and multiple demand requests
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5 to 7 years of corporate IT experience with a focus in ETRM/CTRM.
• Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT.
• Intermediate/Expert level of experience in successfully providing application support / development in a corporate setting
• Full life cycle development experience in a project development role
• Experience in supporting a diverse application landscape, including change management, application testing, data integrity management, patch management and end-user support and training;
• Experience designing or changing business critical components to gain full value from technology solutions;
• Energy/Commodity Trading and Risk Management domain experience required;
• Specific experience with Trade Capture, Risk Management, Scheduling & Operations, or Settlements & Accounting
• Good communication skills.
• Team Player
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Proven ability to work independently
Nice-to-Have Skills Qualifications:
• DevOps on an Azure platform
• Familiarity with the technology stack available in the industry for metadata management: Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Lineage, Data Catalog etc.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- SQL/PL SQL
- provided by Dice