ThreatQuotient is seeking a talented, self-motivated Mid to Senior Python Engineer to join our Ecosystem team. As an engineer on...
ThreatQuotient is seeking a talented, self-motivated Mid to Senior Python Engineer to join our Ecosystem team. As an engineer on the Ecosystem team, one will be tasked with building and maintaining core platform functionality enabling integrations between ThreatQuotient's asynchronous platform and other Cyber Security applications, feeds, and services. One will also be engaged in supporting general Developer Relations for ThreatQuotient's platform: assisting code-clients both internally and externally in their efforts to integrate with ThreatQuotient by gathering new requirements and affecting change on the platform.
A qualified candidate will possess strong problem-solving abilities, keen attention to detail and quality, and the ability to work effectively as part of a Scrum Team. You must also be able to communicate effectively and mentor junior developers as to best practices within Python Development.
Qualifications And Technologies Required
- Architecting, implementing, and supporting features through the full Software Development Life Cycle
- Developing quality code in accordance with industry standards and best practices
- Translating requirements into detailed work tickets
- Implementing work tickets to specification
- Writing unit tests for existing and new code
- Providing detailed and understandable documentation via API specification docs and self-documenting code
- Troubleshooting bugs, determining resolutions, and providing documentation on workarounds
- Ensuring high code quality is maintained by conducting thorough reviews on code Pull Requests
- Assisting with customer support issues and driving solutions to said issues when necessary
Qualifications And Technologies Preferred
- Professional experience in Software Development
- 4+ years of professional experience working in Python
- Mastery of Object-Oriented Programming
- Mastery of RESTful APIs
- Experience working on a Full Stack - bridging the front-end, application layer, and backend database
ThreatQuotient, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, nor will tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, or handicap or disability.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working under an Agile methodology
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience managing Python versions and upgrading minor versions of Python 3 within production environments
- Experience with MySQL or a similar database technology
- Experience with Asynchronous coding in Python
- Knowledge of SSL and experience troubleshooting issues with certificate handshake errors
- Cyber Security Knowledge and/or Experience