The successful candidate will design, develop and monitor systems or data analysis applications, based on the trading & market ...
The successful candidate will design, develop and monitor systems or data analysis applications, based on the trading & market activities, for internal company or external market regulations compliance or investigative purposes. The position includes design & development in data processing, rules engine, RDBMS, and scripting technologies on the back-end.. This opportunity requires an individual to have strong problem solving, data analysis, and software systems design skills.
- Working with end-users to gather and define/refine functional requirements
- Producing project documentation - high-level charter, functional requirements, technical design and test documents
- Designing, coding, testing and implementing data processing, rules engine, database, and scripting surveillance applications
- Working closely with infrastructure team on server systems
- Collaborating and coordinating with various systems groups for new application development, problem troubleshooting and systems maintenance
- Working as a team/project lead or individual team contributor or individual ownership role flexibly based on the project needs
- Mentoring/Guiding new or less experienced/knowledgeable team members
- Researching or evaluating software/tools and alternate design techniques for new or existing system improvements
- Providing on-going application support to end-users and communicating technical information clearly to an end-user audience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience with the below technologies:
- Experience with Java or Python or experience in another language with a strong desire to learn Python.
- Experience with Linux or UNIX-like operating systems and knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Experience with Hadoop and/or SQL desirable.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, requiring minimal direction and follow-up
- Experience in working on multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in financial, trading, exchange, banking and/or related fields is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required; concentration in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at our client will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey with our client you'll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
- provided by Dice